Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Street Evangalism

Not Me Preaching

It scares me to death to think about a possible calling to do street evangalism. The funny thing is, this subject comes up more than anything else these days. I know that we all are called to spread the gospel and street preaching is one way to do that, but why do I continue to fear man and let that get in the way of God's work.

I was talking about this with my brother earlier tonight and we really desire to be obedient in this calling, but we are too chicken to do anything about it. What do you have to do to drop your pride and do what is right? We rationalize our delay by saying that we aren't geared right for this calling, but if we never give it a try then we won't be letting God get the glory. Pray for boldness and obedience that I might fully acknowledge God's desire to spread the gospel to the world through me.

Meanwhile, there are some awesome resources for further information about street evangalism if you want to get into this as well. Here are a few links:
-The Way of the Master Radio
-Adventures in Christianity
-Go Share Your Faith

2 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger JJ said...

Jamison, I stumbled upon your site with a search for the Bride of Christ and you site came up from a post back in March so was checking you out. I saw this blog on street preaching and wanted to toss another site your way.

http://departmentofannoyance.com/

This is a guy named Jesse Morrell and he does street preaching regularly. There are even some auido files and articles on his site for you. Be blessed.

JJ
http://sfmog.blogspot.com/

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger JJ said...

Sorry the site I sent you is for Miles Lewis, I found that because of an article about Jesse Morrell. Sorry.

JJ

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

JESUgraf S