Tuesday, January 20, 2009

God is gracious

1 Peter 2:3 If indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.

Over the last several months, I have been given lots of opportunity to lean on God for provisions. It seems like the time of trials is never ending. Through this, I see that the Lord truly is gracious.

Grace is defined by NOT getting what you DO deserve. As a sinner, I really do deserve death and punishment because I have sinned, or done wrong, against the Creator of the universe. That punishment would be just and righteous from God, but He extends grace to us. He doesn't want to see any of us perish (John 3:16).

What I have experienced is a very gracious God who favors me. He has allowed me to be in need, enough need that I come to Him in prayer, but not so much need that I forsake Him and steal for my needs. For about a year now, I have been in a season of dryness but yet the Lord is faithful and gracious and has provided for every financial need that I have had and every spiritual and physical need as well. God is good and the passage at the top from 1 Peter 2:3 is one that I experience daily and give thanks for regularly.

Take a moment and pray that God will show you how He has been gracious to you. I think you'll find that He is working in your life in ways that you cannot even imagine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

JESUgraf S