Sunday, January 29, 2006

Hate Sin

We went to Bible sutdy recently and were blessed as always. Duski gleaned a cool little thing: "If you are a Christian, you hate sin". This is a simple truth that we overlook. If we hate something like seafood or eggnog for example, we avoid it with excellence. I could seriously avoid those things for the rest of my life and it wouldn't hinder my happiness one bit. But sin is different. As followers of Christ, we should hate sin enough to avoid it and run from it for the rest of our lives, yet we continue to sin. What makes sin so much different? Why is our flesh programmed to love our flesh so much. Without our soul, the flesh would be useless so we should shed our flesh and put on the Spirit.

"Abba-Dad, Reprogram my soul and mind to reject communication with my flesh in the area of worldly desires. Please empower me to shed my flesh and pursue righteousness. Thank you for Jesus and I love you."

technorati tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

JESUgraf S