Saturday, July 15, 2006

Car Repair Blessing

My hoopty van threw a belt the other day and I discovered that a major bracket holding the power steering pulley to the motor had destroyed a few of the mounting bolts. This is not a good thing and needed to be fixed right away before more damage occurred. I took it to the nearest mechanic because I didn't have my tools with me and they quoted me $800 because of the major removal of nearby parts to access the trouble. I quickly removed the van from their shop and limped it home.

It sat here for a few days while I worked up my courage to tackle the repair myself. I did some looking at the repair and I thought it could be fixed without major trouble if only this one "shortcut" was taken care of. I prayed about this little "shortcut" before I decided to get dirty and proceed with repairs. I asked God to simply loosen this one troublesome bolt and with it out of the way, I could complete the repairs without taking absolutely everything apart.

"PRAISE THE LORD" this bolt was completely loose when I went to remove it. I know that with a vehicle that is nearly as old as I am, or at least 20 years old, there are very few bolts that just come out like butter and this was one of them. I thank God for the loose bolt and I know that His hand of mercy was all over this repair.

I fixed the van in about 5 minutes. It took more time to clean the grime off my hands then it took to fix the thing. That shoots that 10 hour estimate the mechanic gave me completely out of the water. God is the perfect mechanic and certainly answers prayers and performs miracles still today!

Praise the Lord! Thank you God for answering all my prayers.

184792843_40a8b99a81.jpg?v=0

technorati tags:, , ,

Blogged with Flock

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

JESUgraf S