Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tatum and the story of Noah's Ark

Tonight I sat down before the girls went to bed and read the bible story of Noah's ark out loud. Tatum came over and showed great interest at first. The pages didn't have any pictures, but were just full of words that she does not yet understand since she's just 4. As I read, she started to fiddle around with some things and I felt bad for her trying to pay attention because there was quite a bit of repetition. She stayed with me nonetheless. After I read past the part where God filled the boat with animals, I asked her what she thought about the story so far. To my amazement, she was able to retell the whole story even down to the detail of Noah making a window in the side of the ark. Even though she was playing with her hands and flipping pages through a nearby book, the clear reading of scripture got through to her and she really learned something. Don't be fearful of reading scriptures out loud in your home, the best thing that could happen is someone's life might be changed for Jesus' sake. It's a lesson I'm still learning, but I'm thankful for the little bits of encouragement that God gives us along the way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

JESUgraf S