Sunday, April 02, 2006

Fellowship

I just wanted to put a little plug out there for God in how He has blessed me recently with great times of fellowship with my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. I've started to recognize that any time we gather to lift up the name of Jesus is time of fellowship. The scriptures say that when 2 or more gather together to lift Him up, the presence of the Lord is there also. I don't know about you, but I think I desire those times much more than idle times of worshiping the 32" talking box of sin in my living room.

Recently I've made a real effort to lift up Jesus in our conversations around the home and I think those times are really stimulating and fulfilling times of worship. It can be as simple as reminding ourselves about a recent sermon or discussing what we think Heaven will be like. My kids enjoy it, too. Just because Yazzi is only 9, doesn't mean that I can't fellowship with her and worship God in that way. She's got things to say that help me in my walk with God, just as much as any other believer.

I basically just wanted to remind those of you with believers in your family to steer your time and conversations toward Jesus. It has been beneficial in my home. I can't think of the last time that a conflict occurred as a result of fellowship in my home. I can however give many examples of distress when we've left Jesus out of our lives. I wish I could have those times back to change them.

2-26-06%20019.jpg

The legacy I would like to leave my children is that our home was a fun and safe place to worship God. I would also like my kids to recognize that Jesus doesn't just exist in church, but He is in our home and in our marriage.

God bless you and give you peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

JESUgraf S