Monday, March 27, 2006

Rapture

118038883_bbcd811985_m.jpg

What if Jesus came tomorrow to take us home?

Would you be excited or scared? Would you worry about what Jesus might think about your lifestyle or quality of walk with Him? Or would you be unable to contain your excitement?

I'm the one that might not make it to tomorrow because of the excitement. If I knew that the Lord would bring me home tomorrow, I would want to make sure I told everyone I encountered until then about the good news. I would want to take them with me.

Jesus tells us to be prepared for His return. Part of my preparation would be to share the good news of His return, to tell the world about Him. Well, at least that would be my preparation if I would be leaving for home tomorrow. But what if He waits a little longer, does that change what I do to prepare for His return? I was convicted when I thought about my zeal for the short period, but really saw my lack of it in the broader picture.

I have a job to do for Jesus, He has made it clear. I don't have the freedom to reserve my hard work for the last day, God wants my hard work for now. If you've been convicted about your excitement to share the Good News of Jesus, then join me in celebrating Jesus' soon return by reaching out, now, while the harvest is plenty.

John 4:35 - Do you not say, 'There are still four months and then comes the harvest'? Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest!

1 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Point well taken - we need to be ready and tell others about how they can be ready. Living that out daily is difficult. But when you wake up each morning, praise the Lord first, and then realize, today COULD be the day. Today, it was David Mabe's day. We will miss our brother in Christ as he is now with our LORD! Amen. TEM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

JESUgraf S