Thursday, March 09, 2006

Fellowship in Marriage

rings

My wife is my best friend. We became friends before we courted for marriage and I'm very thankful for the way things worked out. We talked about dreams, and our fun life experiences. We were comfortable in our communication and we agreed on many things. You might say that we were compatible as friends. It's no surprise to me that she is still my best friend. You could say that we have common ground and a solid foundation.

We didn't talk much about our faith in God or belief in Jesus. I think that we both sort of saw it in each others lives and there was an unspoken security in just knowing that we loved the same Lord. As married partners in life, we were missing out on the most powerful blessing in marriage. We should have been including God in our conversations, but we didn't (at least not that much).

We go to church to fellowship with other believers. We call our time at men's retreats: fellowship. Some churches are named a fellowship of some sort. In Christianese - we don't just attend a church, we fellowship at a gathering of believers.

Fellowship belongs in a marriage. Don't neglect it in your marriage, and if you are not married then encourage someone you know to include fellowship in their marriage or in the marriage of your parents. My wife completes me and even finishes my thoughts for me. I do the same for her. With that sort of intimacy, God can cause both of you to grow exponentially in your walk with Him. The greatest support I receive from my wife is in times of fellowship when we lift up the name of Jesus and praise Him together.

Happiness

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

JESUgraf S