Thursday, March 09, 2006

Use what you have, now.

Exodus 4:2 - So the Lord said to him, "What is that in your hand?"
He said, "A rod."
burning%20bush
Sometimes I wonder, "How is God going to use me?" "What tool, knowledge, or skill is God going to equip me with to do a good work for Him?" The answer is simple: Use what you already have.
In Exodus, Moses asked God to equip him for his approach to Pharoah to release his people. So the Lord said to him, "What is that in your hand?" Moses had a rod in his hand and God chose to use it for His good work. We allow ourselves to be blind to our current status and think that we don't have what it takes. God used Moses' rod and David's sling with a few stones or the jawbone of a donkey in Samson's hands. God doesn't need to give us any new tools or skills, we need to let Him use us with whatever it is that we already have to do His will.
I have a computer and a blog that I'm going to use for God's work because that is something that I already have. I can't wait for an education from Bible college or the experience of a missions trip to Hungry before I start doing work for God; I have to start now. If He wants to give me these other things to improve on my efforts, then I will be praising Him for that. But for now, He will use me where I stand. What do you have that you will allow God to use in your life for His glory today.
-What on Earth are you doing for Heaven's sake? -Dr. Kent Hovind

technorati tags: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome post once again. PD's message last night I believe probably hit home for many. It is hard sometimes to accept what we have as complete and the way God intended. Once we do though, then we are ready to be used! TEM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

JESUgraf S