Friday, March 03, 2006

Unknown blessing

I had this truck that was given to me that just was driven until it died. I wasn't going to fix it, but there were a few parts still usable to someone with a similar parts truck. I tried selling it for parts for 3 months, but never even got any calls or interest. I lowered the price many times until it was priced less than the value of the gas in the tank.

grilled

I finally had to break down and just give it to someone that could tow it away so that I didn't have to pay to dispose of it. I was really bummed. I didn't blame God for getting nothing for my truck, but I did have questions for Him. I asked, "why didn't you bless me with a compatible buyer that would pay for this truck instead of just giving it away?" I struggled with this in prayer for a few hours. I went back and forth trying to find the blessing.

I remembered that I was blessed by it being given to me in the first place, but that didn't really satisfy me. I still wanted to know why God chose for me to give the truck away instead of sell it for profit. I'm not greedy or anything, but I just thought that it was a good place for God to bless me. Again, after a few more hours of prayer I got the answer I was looking for.

You see, God does have a blessing left in that truck, but it wasn't initially planned for me. I gave that truck to someone who will fix it, and give it away when he's done with it. This fellow I gave it to, will not appreciate that I gave him a great deal, HOWEVER the person he will give it to is going to be blessed far more than I could expect. I'm not sure how God will give that blessing, but I was given a sense of fulfillment in knowing that the truck was no longer of enough value to sell... but it will be given to owner after owner... and each time it is given, there will be blessings.

Giving doesn't always reward you immediately, but God is giving rewards. I'm rewarded by knowing that His blessing doesn't stop with me; it continues on when I pass it on (give). Give something to the Lord and ask where the blessing will be and He will enlighten you with a wonderful reward.

technorati tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

JESUgraf S