Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Psalms 127:2

Holy%20BiblePsalms 127:2 - It is vain for you to rise up early, To sit up late, To eat the bread of sorrows; For so He gives His beloved sleep. (NKJV)

I kinda like the way the NLT puts it: It is useless for you to work so hard from early morning until late at night, anxiously working for food to eat; for God gives rest to his loved ones.


My wife reminded me of this verse today because I went to work an hour early to make up for some time I missed last week. I sometimes feel like a 50 hour workweek is a must and we might struggle if I don't turn in the extra hours.

It's always interesting what the day brings and how God will give us what we want, even if we didn't fully understand what we were getting ourselves into. I went in early for extra hours, which worked out fine, but by the end of the day it was clear that I wasn't going to finish my required work and I would have to work late in the evening to finish. God said, "it's a vain thing to try to get hours just for the sake of making a buck. You wanted the hours, now here is the work to satisfy the need." It is funny because I didn't want to have to work late, but there really wasn't productive work to do in the morning, so as a result of the one hour of milking the clock this morning (which is sin), God gave me legit work later that was manditory and I was left working until midnight.

autocad1301a

God has a good sense of humor and I am laughing now that my work is done. I wanted work to do to get the hours, but I didn't want to have to work for it or take away from my evening. God did what He said He would do...He provided for a need. I guess I just wasn't ready for the blessing.

Daddy God, lead me away from vanities, and direct me towards You. Continue to fill our needs and prepare our hearts to accept the provisions You give us. Forgive me for milking the clock, and strengthen me to be a harder worker. I want to do my work for You, not man. Give us wisdom and faith to follow you closely. Thank you for Jesus and I love You. -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

JESUgraf S