Thursday, February 09, 2006

God Moved in my Home

My home is with God's people in fellowship. This evening God impressed Himself on His people at Calvary Chapel of the Triad. I was a little late and entered service half way through the first song, but as I found my spot I noticed God's presence in everyone around me. Even though the music was loud and singing was filling the room, I could hear shouts of praise coming from all around me, and this was just the opening song.

We lifted up more than our voices in praise, we lifted our hearts. As we continued in praise, I don't think there were any of us that didn't realize that Jesus was doing an awesome work in our lives. The music could have repeated for hours or even stopped and I wouldn't have noticed because the shouts of praise to God were stronger than any words could express.

Pastor opened the Word and started reading Joshua 23. Who would have thought that this passage held so much for all of us. There was a blessing happening. Pastor said it himself, "I could probably stop preaching and just read the scripture and y'all would be blessed." He's right. When God speaks through Pastor, and uses his voice to speak to His people, the man just becomes an instrument for God.

When I got home, filled with excitement from the service, I asked my wife what she thought made that message so special, and the answer is simply: GOD. I read back through my notes trying to find something that stood out more than everything else and I couldn't find it. What took place was a filling of the Holy Spirit that cannot be traced or explained, but only felt. I was called out at the very end of service to retrieve my youngest girl from nursery, but when I returned I saw that the chairs were emptied and everyone, if not in body then in spirit, had approached the front of the room to bow before the Throne of God. People were saved and believers were refilled. The experience was awe inspiring. I cried with my wife kneeling below me and my baby in my arms. A brother came and prayed with us while music continued and we were just flipped right-side-up as a result of Jesus in our lives.

This was just one of those services that doesn't end this night. If you were a part of this event, I hope that you were blessed like me. Give glory to God for the work He has done. Praise Him and never stop lifting up His name.

1 Comments:

At 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right, that was an uplifting and incredible night with the Lord. The Spirit truly made His way around the sanctuary. I pray that everyone could at some point in their life have a similar experience. MET

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

JESUgraf S