Sunday, January 29, 2006

Prayer

prayI’ve struggled a little bit with my prayer times lately. I have a list of requests from Pastor G, the Crown Ministries small group from Sunday night, and the Treasure Principles small group from Tuesday night. I also have the usual prayers for my family as well. See, I pray out loud in my car while commuting each day - about 30 minutes each way - so I can hear myself and I am my own critic. The trouble I have is that I sound like a broken record. I start by giving thanks for everything I can think of. I then move into the prayer requests with details about each one. (I’m thinking that I might cut back on the details since God knows the details much better than me.) At some point I get convicted about not confessing my sins and ask for forgiveness and then I just sort of wonder what it is that God wants me to say. By that time I’m about home and the prayer time is over. Does anyone have some suggestions as to how I get out of this rut where every prayer ends up sounding the same?


Daddy Lord, How can I bless you more and benefit you most in my time talking with you?

technorati tags begin -->

technorati tags: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

JESUgraf S