Sunday, January 29, 2006

Prayer time interrupted

Do you ever get into a good routine of praying and have that routine broken up by something unexpected? Well, I’ve never been into a good praying routine so this was new to me. Let me give you my example. Every day when I drive to and from work (or anywhere in my new van for that matter), I spend the entire time in audible prayer to God. I do this because my radio is busted and it is really a great time to talk to God. Anyway, today was different because I was given a ride to work and back and didn’t get to drive my radioless van. Well, this affected me a little and I felt excited and convicted at the same time. I felt conviction that this morning and evening I wouldn’t be having my time with God the same as other days. But as a result of the conviction I felt, there was excitement because I realized that through consistancy in prayer I had caused myself to form a habit of talking to God. I don’t know if I’ve had that sort of habit before and it is really cool to know that this is an obstacle that every follower of Christ encounters and I have been able to achieve success. I can’t take all of the credit of course, I was praying after all :)


IMG_9605a

I’m really looking forward to my commuting now, because my heart has been opened to God and I don’t ever want to lose that feeling. I encourage you to find a cool little time like I found and dedicate that time to audible prayer with our Lord. I think speaking out loud to God is very humbling and opens me up for His response better. My desire is to “pray without ceasing” but this is at least a good step in the right direction.

technorati tags begin -->

technorati tags: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've found that my daily time in the morning reading a devotion and then a chapter or two from the Bible, and then reading the study notes that go with them was becoming routine, but that is okay with me. I need this to keep me diligent. The other day my wife came down earlier than normal and disrupted me from my "pattern" and it was wierd, I guess. The blessings are there in everything we do, if we have the eyes to see them though. TEM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

JESUgraf S