Sunday, January 29, 2006

Can't get enough scripture!

i%20don%27t%20know%20anything%20right%20nowRecently I have been a sponge soaking up the scripture. I listen to the spoken word from great pastors all day long. I read blogs about the Bible and get inspiration from them. I joined a great little program on blueletterbible.org that keeps you on track with a Bible reading plan. I’m going through the Chronological plan this year. I also signed up for classes at the Blue Letter Bible Institute that are similar to a college course, but it’s free and there probably aren’t any real credits.


What I’m getting at is that my desire is to learn as much as I can from the Bible as possible. I want to be a Bible scholar. I looked into taking real college courses to get an Associates in Theology, but Duski asked me what I would do with it and I didn’t know. If I were to do college, I think the Bible would be my subject of choice, but I don’t have any desire right now to be a pastor or anything like that.


I’m thankful for God giving me the desire to learn. I’m really surprised about how much this desire has grown in just the last few weeks. I think God has something cool over the horizon for me that he’s preparing me for. I can’t wait to see what it might be. For the mean time, I’m going to do my best to soak up God’s word and just be patient for Him to do miracles.

technorati tags begin -->

technorati tags: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He is at work in all of us. Those seeking Him daily through His sword (the Bible) will often be blessed with answered prayers and a greater desire to get filled with His Word. Keep seeking His face, keep your discerning eyes and ears open, and be blessed. MET

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

JESUgraf S