Monday, March 06, 2006

Jesus Freak

I've heard that some radical Christians have been referred to as Jesus Freaks. It's an affectionate term that is not necessarily meant to be negative. Jesus Freak is a term that was made popular by the rock band, DC Talk.

TobyMac

I think about how we refer to other nations sometimes by their national religious beliefs. We talk about the Arabs, Muslims, Jews, etc... Some nations might refer to us as Jesus people or Christians. I'm saddened by the way that the world sees us in America as Christians, but a huge portion of our current population, in fact, rejects Christ.

My local church prays that we can reach the Triad, with the hopes that once we reach our area we can then expand out into our nation. I think that if we are going to reach our country, we really need some of those Jesus Freaks and extremely radical followers of Christ to lead the way and evangalize the unsaved and desciple the believers.

So go and be a Jesus Freak....Our country needs it!

2 Comments:

At 8:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

AMEN!!! What an AWESOME post! I am so glad that I found you! I was looking at the stats for my blog and there you were ;)

I'm not sure how you found me, but thanks for linking to me...And thanks for being a fellow FREAK!!

God Bless,
Lara :)

PS - Would you mind if I put a link to your blog on mine as well?

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Obed said...

Absolutely! Welcome Sister. God bless you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

JESUgraf S