Monday, March 06, 2006

Bride of Christ

Revelation 21:9 - Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, "Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb's wife."

Roses%20for%20the%20Bride

As a man, I find it difficult to relate to Christ as being His bride because it's not really a manly thing. We know from the scriptures that we are His bride so to say that I am a follower of Christ is basically the same as being the Bride of Christ. I accept the relationship, gladly and I'm proud to be Christ's bride, just the same as I am proud to be a follower of Christ.

I bring this up because my friend in Finland (Satu) referred to me as a fellow Bride of Christ and it made me think about God with a different relationship or from a different perspective. I'm not going to be able to exhaust my thoughts about this bride and groom relationship until I have a chance to spend time in prayer and study with God. I can at least say that I am thankfully uncomfortable in realizing that there is a portion of my relationship with Jesus that has not yet been explored.

I'm reminded of a passage in Lamentations 3:22-24 - His compassions are new every morning.


technorati tags: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

JESUgraf S