Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Building a House

Proverbs 24:3-6
3Through wisdom a house is built, And by understanding it is established; 4By knowledge the rooms are filled With all precious and pleasant riches. 5A wise man is strong, Yes, a man of knowledge increases strength; 6For by wise counsel you will wage your own war, And in a multitude of counselors there is safety.

I've been struggling with finding my foothold as head of the household. As God has been working in my life recently, I've started to see the need to be a better leader in my home. The proverb above tells me that wisdom, understanding and knowledge are key elements to a good home and Scriptures make it very clear that the man is responsible for leading the family in these elements.

We've started a new life by relocating 4500 miles from what we know, and my family needs a strong leader more than anything. I pray for the wisdom that a house is built on and the understanding that establishes the home. I pray for God's perfect will and perfect timing. I pray that I could represent the nature of Jesus for my family.

I suppose this post is more of a prayer request than a devotional. Please pray for my submission to God's will. --Blessings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

JESUgraf S