Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Memories of Someone Living

With passover coming soon, we get memories of times spent with family and friends. These are mostly happy times, and as a parent, I especially remember the joy in my kids when celebrating holidays.

Well, I have a friend who is spending another holiday without her son. We all loved her son and he was an amazing friend. He was a follower of Christ and he really knew how to love - the way Jesus loves us. We miss him.

When we think of passover/Easter, we remember Jesus. Lots of us remember when Jesus died, and we are grieved and filled with sorrow. This is the same way we feel about our good friend that we have been seperated from. The death was unexpected and many would say it was before his time. But his death was not without purpose; his death pointed us to Jesus.

When we think of passover, we also remember Jesus in a different way. HE IS ALIVE!! Jesus did not remain in the grave. He conquered death! Thinking of Jesus and the passover in this way brings us excitement and hope. I think of my dear friend, who died, and I think of the resurrection of Jesus bringing life. Just as our Savior is Alive, my friend lives, and I live, and all who believe in Jesus live, also. His death bought forgiveness, His life grants us immortality!

Thank you Jesus, for life!

Jesus is the greek form of the name Yahshuah, where we get the name Joshua. As followers of Christ, our lives are to reflect Jesus to others. Our true friend reflected Jesus to the world through his life in every way he knew how. My friend who now lives and is greatly missed, is Joshua Oberg.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

JESUgraf S