Sunday, April 30, 2006

Crushing an egg

Have you ever heard this ludicris idea that if you hold an egg in the palm of your hand and squeeze, you will never have enough strength to crush the egg?

137135607_42221af00e_m.jpg

Well, my parents and wife all agreed that this was true and I could not crush this egg in my palm. I didn't believe them so I had to try. I got a fresh egg, held it high for everyone to see that I wasn't cheating or anything, then I squeezed it. Long story short, this egg crushed and exploded leaving egg parts and juices stretching from one end of the house to the other. I was greatly surprised. I thought it was a setup. It took a second to even register that what was held to be true (not being able to crush the egg) had been crushed.

We get this feeling of being crushed, when the world comes pressing in on us. Say for a moment that we are the egg, that for some reason should not be able to get crushed. If the pressures of the world push evenly on us, we can hold up to the stress, however the evil one knows that the slightest pressure in a fragile spot can cause us to be crushed.

Now, say that we put on some armor to protect us, like the full armor of God found in Ephesians. This armor can protect our fragile spots and strengthen us to even fight back. When our walk with God is strong, we put on more and more armor to keep us from being crushed. When we keep our faith strong, we can withstand more pressure and the stress doesn't crush us. If I was the poor egg used to demonstrate this point, I would want to be one with the full armor that has been strengthened with faith, in order to prevent the attack from causing me to be crushed.

I'm reminded that a fragile spot in my faith forms when broken fellowship with God occurs. I have to keep my faith strong by exersizing my faith regularly and daily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

JESUgraf S