Saturday, November 25, 2006

Educated

Today during our School of Discipleship class, I had a little thought. You know how sometimes a little thought is really a way that God can speak with you. I don't know if this was one of those, but interesting anyway.

Here's my thing: I've spent my last 10 years in blue collar work and basically have let my mind go into a coma. I was a pretty smart kid (if I can float my own boat, here) and I was extremely sharp with math and foreign languages. I guess I was sort of convicted during class today that I hadn't kept my brain sharp and stimulated. After some thought on this, I realize my new work and worship settings put me back into a position where I need to wake my brain from it's sleep and get back to work.

I currently find myself in a career as a Civil Engineer. My spiritual walk is growing so I need to be using brain cells that haven't been used in a while. I guess that I've basically been acting uneducated and not really using what God gave me to do these things with excellence. I think that it's time to wake up this poor old brain and start looking at life with a new perspective. No more playing dumb. Maybe the first place I'll start is with reading. I've got 66 books written by 40 authors that I'd love to dig back into with a new set of eyes.

2 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those 66 books will give you all the answers you need! Stick to those books and your mind will be renewed and expanded beyond your ability to comprehend.

 
At 8:56 AM, Blogger Mrs.MegLogan said...

Yes, I can relate to that! Staying at home does require some creativity to maintain a sharp mind! I try to be sure I am in the Word, and try to use my mind to design ways to work more efficiently at home. But there is always that temptation to let my brain go to slop.

Mrs. Meg Logan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

JESUgraf S