Monday, November 06, 2006

Personal Update



As if anyone was interested in what's keeping Jamie busy these days..... here's my update.

My friends had twins a couple of weeks ago, I've been street fishing with an organized group at our church, my home bible study stopped until the twins start sleeping through the night, we're knee deep in homeschool with Yazzi, my hoopty van has a recurring broken part that is crippling and costly-again, I'm enjoying "School of Discipleship", leading "Treasure Principle" study, leading "Crown small group" study, co-leading the media team and organizing a cookout for the team that has grown to over a dozen members, transitioning to new software at work, learning about webcams, soaking up about 15 hours of scripture based podcasts daily, loving my wife more than ever before, growing in faith with Jesus, failing at selling our boxcar, dreaming of side business ideas, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Speaking of ice, we're very pleased to be away from Alaska this Autumn again since they are deep in snow and getting only -7F temps this week. :-)

Dad is doing Chemo again for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Keep him in prayer. He's a cancer survivor of like 26 years, I think. Way to go Dad, you're my hero!

My current desire is to get my house in order. This has been on my heart for a long time. Areas of needed improvement are the garage, cars, and yardwork, but those are all superficial. Real needs are in financial planning, child discipling, relational communication, work ethic/focus, personal/recreational bible study, time management, and so on. No major hang ups in any of these but steady plodding through all of these is what's needed.

I just feel like God wants to do something huge, really soon, but He's going to let me get my house in order first. I expect that He's probably going to turn our world rightside up and a well managed home will prepare us for what He has planned. Please keep us in your prayers.

1 Comments:

At 9:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, I did miss your postings. You and the Lord have been busy. I'll be praying for your endeavors!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

JESUgraf S